All accepted abstracts are presented as a printed poster and will be presented according to their category grouping schedule.
If your abstract is accepted, you (a registered co-author or colleague) are required to:
- Travel to the International Congress, June 4-8, 2017 in Vancouver, BC, Canada, to present your abstract.
- Present your poster according to the scheduled presentation date/time.
- - Abstract presentation dates/times are subject to change; it is therefore advisable to plan to attend the International Congress in its entirety from June 4-8, 2017.
- Abstract presentations are scheduled by category – individual presentation date change requests will not be granted.
Poster sessions and presentations
One author or colleague must be registered and present with each accepted abstract poster during the assigned poster session time on the day of presentation to explain the research and answer questions from viewers. Posters session assignments cannot be rescheduled. Posters displayed on a day or on a board to which it is not assigned will be removed without prior notice.
- All posters must be printed in a horizontal orientation (“landscape” orientation)
- Posters must fit within the size allotment of the poster display boards, 90 inches = 228.6 cm wide x 45 inches = 114.3 cm tall (see image at right)
- Please print your poster text large enough to be easily read at a distance of approximately 1.5 meters (5 feet)
- Posters should include a short and comprehensive review of the basic items of the study
- This can be done by dividing text into several clear sections including: title and authors, background, case reports/material/methods, figures/graphs/photos, results, conclusions, and major references
- All posters must be printed and presented in English
Poster set-up and removal
All posters must be set-up between 07:30 - 09:00 on the day of your presentation. Posters must be removed by 17:00. It is recommended that you remove your poster at the end of your presentation time. Poster displayed on Thursday must be removed at the end of your presentation time; those that are not removed will be discarded.
For Late-breaking, Study Group and Exceptional Posters on display in Ballroom D, posters will need to be removed between 14:00 – 14:30 on Thursday, June 8; access to the ballroom will be closed after this time. Venue staff will place posters that were not retrieved outside of the Ballroom for collection. Posters not retrieved by 15:30 will be discarded.
Locating your assigned poster board
The abstract number will determine the location of where you will display your poster, and will also correspond with your abstract in the final publication. All poster boards will be clearly labeled with the appropriate abstract number prior to set-up. Abstracts are grouped by category and numbered consecutively within each poster session. View a complete schedule of poster presentations.