This year’s posters must be printed in a horizontal orientation (“landscape” orientation). Posters must fit within the size allotment of the poster display boards: 90 inches = 228.6 cm wide x 45 inches = 114.3 cm tall.
All Late-Breaking & Study Group Abstract posters will be required to be displayed for the entire duration of the Scientific Program (Monday, June 5 – Thursday, June 8) in Ballroom D. Posters should be set up on Monday, June 5 by 9:00 and taken down on Thursday, June 8 no later than 16:00. Access to Ballroom D will be closed after 16:00 on Thursday, June 8.
All accepted Late-Breaking & Study Group Abstracts will be published on the 2017 International Congress website, and on the Congress Abstracts USB; which will be available to all registered delegates. The USB will be available with the Final Program and other registration materials upon arrival at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Presentation and Publication Criteria
Late-Breaking Abstracts will be considered for presentation and publication at the 21st International Congress in Vancouver, BC, Canada if they fulfill the following criteria:
- The topic must be of critical importance to the clinical/scientific community and/or the public
- 2) The abstract must report data that became available for public dissemination only after the deadline of the regular abstract submission (January 6, 2017), and has not previously published or presented
- 3) The study and results reported should be novel (not simply an extension of previously published work) or be definitive if confirming or refuting other critically important work
- 4) The following categories are typically suited to the main poster sessions and will not be considered for Late-Breaking Abstracts: case reports, qualitative surveys, reviews of existing treatments, practice reviews, rating scale validation, small confirmatory studies, small scale epidemiology studies, research proposals
- 5) The Late-Breaking Abstract program is not designed to favor investigators who inadvertently missed the deadline for regular abstract submission